This content is an offline copy of the Stack Exchange website “Stack Overflow” at stackoverflow.com as of March 2022 (date of Stack Exchange Dump file used to produce this).
Basic Stack Exchange's knowledge
Stack Exchange's websites are social platforms where anybody can post a question related to the site's topic and anybody can write answers or comments to it. Users can Up-vote or Down-vote answers and comments in order to distinguish those that are most useful.
This voting gets computed into a per-question, per-answer, per-comment Score that is displayed thorough the website to help you skim to the most valuable content.
When the user who raised a question is satisfied with an answer, he may mark it as Accepted. There is now a green mark next to it to indicate that. The accepted answer can change overtime (in the online platform).
Users interacting with the platform (receiving Up-vote for their answer for instance) are attributed “rewards” that gets computed into a Reputation which is a per-user Score.
Additionnaly, Users receive badges depending on sub-topic specific actions. Badges are sorted in three levels: Gold, Silver and Bronze.
Limits of this copy
As an offline copy, the following limitations apply:
- You can not interact with the content. It's a read-only version and you can not Up-vote or comment for instance.
- Content is at least March 2022 old because it's not being updated.
- Views number correspond to number of Views on the online website at the time of the Dump. Yours are not counted.
- Only Users with interactions with the platform are included and thus have profile pages.
As per the the Stack Exchange Terms of Service, all user contributions included in this copy are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license as follows:
- Content contributed before 2011-04-08 (UTC) is distributed under the terms of CC BY-SA 2.5.
- Content contributed from 2011-04-08 up to but not including 2018-05-02 (UTC) is distributed under the terms of CC BY-SA 3.0.
- Content contributed on or after 2018-05-02 (UTC) is distributed under the terms of CC BY-SA 4.0.